Monday, February 25, 2013

Replicator2 finally working well - increased temp

After an exhausting first few months, I finally got things working well, due in a large part to the people on the google group who designed the Mk8 extruder upgrade.
Also, raising the extruder temp greatly helped with the glossy filaments
My new favorite filaments are the Makerbot translucent blue and green.  The green is really badass.  Too bad they cost $50.  I'll be sticking to the $38 filament from matterhackers, and may try the $35 filament from justpla.com.

Anyways, my prints are finally coming out great, after I realized that I need to find the correct melting temp for each filament.
The glossy natural, blue and green, all from Makerbot all do best at 260 C.  At 270 C the filament starts to burn.










No comments:

Post a Comment